Get your two-hour Ethics update with Dana Basney at our April Controller's Council. Dana will focus on regulatory ethics.
- 11:45 - 12:00 Registration and technology time
- 12:00 - Speaker starts
- 2:00 - Adjourn
Attendees will receive two CPE toward their CMA, or other certifications depending on their CPE rules. RSVP's are required using the link below
Thank you to CBIZ
for hosting this event!
About our speaker:
Dana Basney is a retired Managing Director of CBIZ MHM, LLC and a former Shareholder of Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. He has practiced public accounting for approximately 42 years. He was in charge of the CBIZ MHM San Diego Office’s litigation support, due diligence, and valuation departments prior to retiring in 2013.
Dana holds a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine and received a Master's Degree in Business Administration and Accounting from San Diego State University.
In the course of his career, Mr. Basney has obtained the following professional credentials:
- Certified Public Accountant licensed to practice in the state of California (CPA);
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE);
- Certified Reorganization and Insolvency Accountant (CIRA);
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA);
- Accredited in the area of Business Valuation by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ABV);
- Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CFF); and
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Accounting (MSBA).
Dana has served as the Professional Conduct Chairman for the San Diego CPA Society for many years and has served on the State CPA Society’s Ethics Committee. He has previously chaired the San Diego Chapter of the CPA Society’s Ethics Committee and Litigation Support Interest Group of the San Diego CPA Society.
Dana has extensive litigation experience and has served as an expert witness in financial and valuation matters on numerous occasions as well as a court-appointed mediator and special master.
Dana has taught accounting classes at the college level since 1978. He currently teaches Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting in the Graduate Program and Ethics for Accountants at the University of San Diego. He also teaches Professional Conduct & Ethics for Accountants as well as Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting Classes for the California CPA Education Foundation.
Dana may be reached at email@example.com or 858.775-9071