Welcome to the San Diego Chapter of IMA
Dear members and friends of the San Diego Chapter,
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy as we weather the COVID-19 storm. Although the IMA has suspended in-person meetings for the near future, there are several free CPE opportunities available to our members.
- For example, members can sign up for IMA’s Data Analytics and Visualization Fundamentals Certificate at no cost through the end of June. Once you sign up you have one year to complete the 9-CPE sequence and gain your certificate and digital badge.
- Also free is IMA’s Excel 365: Ten in Ten micro-CPE series. These courses, narrated by Mr. Excel (Bill Jelen), offer .2 CPE in a 10-minute session. Currently there are 10 different sessions, with more planned for the near future. More info on these two is on the IMA Website at https://www.imanet.org/education-center.
- Don’t forget the free webinars that IMA offers through the Leadership Academy and Inside Talk series. Topics, dates and times are also available at the Education Center website above.
- In line with IMA’s commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards, IMA members now receive 2 free NASBA CPE credits per membership year to be used toward IMA Ethics Series products. This new Annual Ethics Benefit is an additional tool to help IMA members uphold IMA’s Statement of Ethical Professional Practice. Visit the My Tokens section of your IMA profile to redeem.
- But wait! IMA is offering free access to the IMA Strategy and Competitive Analysis Learning Series through the end of June. You do not need to purchase the CSCA registration or the exam. You will have 2 years from the time of the purchase to complete the courses to earn the 21 NASBA CPE. (Note: If you decide subsequently to try for the exam, you would need to pay the registration fee and exam fee for the CSCA exam}.
Finally, the San Diego Chapter is working with upcoming Controller’s Council speakers to find those who might be amenable to presenting virtually via Zoom or Webex. We’ll send out an email blast as details are finalized.
Take care of yourselves and your families.
President, San Diego Chapter, IMA