IMA San Diego Chapter News
Mark your calendar!
Controller’s Council – Human Resources Update for 2020
Come find out what’s new in Human Resources law in 2020 and get some suggested best practices for your organization.
- When: February 19, 2020 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (PT)
- Speakers: Tom Daugherty & Scott Carr, Klinedinst PC Law Firm
- 11:30 - 12:00 Registration/ Networking/Lunch
- 12:00 - Speaker starts
- 1:00 - Adjourn
- Lunch is provided free of charge and attendees will receive one CPE toward their CMA, CPA, CVA, CISA or other certifications.
IMA Student Night – Management Accounting Careers and the CMA Certification
All Students and Professionals are Welcome!
Join us for a panel discussion about the variety of career opportunities in Management Accounting and the benefits of the Certified Management Accounting credential in your career.
- When: Thursday, February 20, 2020. 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Where: Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice Conference Rooms A & B
University of San Diego
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
- Our panel:
- Courtney Anderson, CMA, CSCA, Accounting Recruiting Manager at Robert Half
- Creusa Gilmore, CMA, 6Sigma Master Black Belt at Solar Turbines Incorporated
- Dan Golzband, CMA, Senior Financial Analyst at Carl Zeiss Vision
- Yan Huo, CMA, CPA, Division Controller of Composite Sealing Systems Division of Parker Hannifin Corporation.
There is no cost for this special event!
Gleim Instructor-led CMA Live Exam Preparation Webcasts start February 15, 2020 and run for 10 weeks. The webcasts are presented by the IMA Arizona Valley of the Sun Chapter and the IMA Wild West Regional Council. Go to https://sandiego.imanet.org/certification/cma for more information.
For more information about the CMA, contact Chapter CMA Director Derek Murphy through MyIMANetwork or via the chapter email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget to help spread the word about the IMA San Diego Chapter on your Facebook and LinkedIn pages. Here are the links for our sites.
You can also access the links at the bottom of each page of our website https://sandiego.imanet.orgq
- IMA will host its first-ever “Ask Me Anything” virtual event on Reddit, live on Thursday, January 30, starting at noon EST. Anyone can submit questions about the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program starting at 10 a.m. that day. To participate, simply sign on to Reddit or create an account at www.reddit.com. The discussion will be in Reddit’s Accounting community, which boasts more than 144,000 members: https://reddit.com/r/Accounting/. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Around the IMA
IMA Global Call For Volunteers
IMA Global Chair Christian Cuzick recently issued a call for volunteers to support local chapters. Here is an excerpt:
” Local chapter engagement with IMA offers networking opportunities with finance professionals and companies in your community as well as development opportunities to improve your finance and leadership competencies. Do you want to advance in your career and build your project planning and presentation skills in a safe environment? Come out and join your local leadership team and be a part of empowering the profession and helping others achieve their professional goals while building your network.
Requirement to serve: Be an IMA member in good standing, have high ethical standards, and have the ability to work collaboratively with others.
If you have an interest and willingness to serve in a volunteer leadership role, submit an application at https://www.imaonlinestore.com/PersonifyEbusiness/Application-Details/awardId/70249231 .
The deadline to submit your application is January 21, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.