We are looking for an individual with strong accounting/bookkeeping skills who can display leadership to all managers in maintaining consistent compliance with policies, procedures and controls while maintaining a professional atmosphere.
The Office Manager will Lead, supervise and perform tasks such as: Customer service, Data Entry, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, Field Production as it relates to AR Billing, General accounting, Budgeting, Strategic Planning for your department, Information Technology (IT), Team meetings, Human Resources functions, Finance, Employee training and cross training and general office administration. Responsible to review and renew all insurance and bonding policies and ensure company compliance.
Serving San Diego County for over 35 years we have established a well-known reputation throughout the community. Plants are our passion. We love to assist in making our clients dreams and visions come to life. As they say, plants make people happy.
With a great work environment and a company that values you, we invest in our employee's growth and happiness. Employees are the key to what makes a great company, we know that a life/work balance is essential in maintaining quality performance.
What We Like About You:
- Positive outlook and disposition.
- Self motivated to meet and exceed the companies goals and expectations.
- Leadership Skills
- Great Communication
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excel at Customer-service.
- Strong work ethic.
- Persistence and perseverance.
- Energetic, outgoing, inquisitive, and resourceful.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with leadership and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Bookkeeping/ Accounting Software.
- Proficient with SalesForce or like Contact Management Software.
- Proficient with HH2 or like Electronic time card entry.
- Minimum of five years experience with bookkeeping / accounting.
- Valid driver’s license.
A Day In The Life: Responsibilities
Your day may consist of: Displaying leadership to all managers and getting compliance from them at all times and maintaining a professional atmosphere.
Leading, supervising and doing tasks such as: Customer service, Data Entry, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, Field Production as it relates to AR Billing, General accounting, Budgeting, Strategic Planning for your department, Information Technology (IT), Team meetings, Human Resources functions, Finance, Employee training and cross training, general office administration. Reviews and renews and ensures company compliance for all insurances and bonding policies.
- Have the ability to see the big picture and prioritize your daily actions accordingly.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Ability to use and display excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thoroughly understand, implement and update our Standard Operating Procedures and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures.
- And let's not forget, you should not be afraid to respectfully deal with any one of the personalities that us lovely humans have.
What you enjoy about this job.
- Creating a wonderful experience for clients by excelling in customer service.
- Building efficiencies and developing a strong and fun team.
- Coach, encourage and support your team.
- Enjoy problem-solving.
You Will Also:
- Ensure coordination with the bank regarding all bank matters (line of credit, financing of vehicles and equipment, credit card processing, payroll processing, etc.).
- Ensure the projection of cash flow needs/budgets.
- Human Resources: Hires, fires, trains, evaluates and supervises all staff under his/her supervision.
- Able to assess company risks and evaluate proper process and procedures in place and being followed routinely.
- Able to analyze business threats and opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Able to effectively network with an external company team to include: CPAs, attorneys, bankers, consultants, peers, professional associations, educators, etc.
- Keep Ownership informed and current regarding all pertinent details in the company.
- Able to coordinate with and take direction and effectively implement Ownership directives.
How We Can Benefit You:
- 7 holidays paid a year.
- Starting with 2 weeks paid vacation a year.
- Earned PTO.
- 3 sick days paid a year.
- Subsidized Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision at great rates.
- Life Insurance policy.
Starting at $85,000 -$95,000 + based on qualifications & experience