Cost Accountant II
Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services
Please Apply At:
Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Cost Accountant II to join our Finance team! In this role you will provide financial decision-making information to management and ensure the highest standards of accounting and control are maintained. This role prepares trend and variance reports to identify performance issues & risk, and participates in the monthly accounting close process. The Cost Accountant II also supports continuous improvement initiatives of cross-functional departments by providing cost modeling and financial analysis.
**Open To Remote Applicants. This role can be based in San Diego, CA or open for remote candidates within the Unites States.
- Responsible for inventory, cost accounting, and fixed asset monthly tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, completing monthly journal entries/reconciliations, database maintenance, reconciling general ledger accounts to perpetual records, margin analysis, and preparing supporting schedules.
- Manages the Fixed Asset process, policy, and procedures, including determining additions/retirements, confirmation of assets and impairment review, and working with third party consulting firms on property tax requests as well as annual insurance renewals.
- Supports managers in making critical decisions by translating cost data into useful information.
- Proactively performs inventory and project profitability analyses, identifies and concisely communicates issues, and recommends solutions/improvements.
- Determines costs for new products and contract proposals; adjusts forecast models where necessary.
- Assists Financial Planning and Analysis team with variance analysis and the annual budget and forecasting processes.
- Monitors and reconciles inventory reserves and obsolescence. Assists Operations to minimize inventory risk and reserve requirements.
- Administrator and accountant for the annual physical inventory.
- Provides support for internal and external audit request.
- Supports the business unit during ERP upgrades and transitions.
- Recommends and develops processes to enhance and improve efficiencies.
- Ensures inventory, cost accounting, and fixed asset accounting complies with Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services’ policies and procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Maintains detailed procedures for cost accounting and fixed asset activities, to ensure processes and controls comply.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing accounting, with a demonstrated interest in cost accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Previous experience with accounting and related modules in an ERP system.
- Working knowledge of product manufacturing and fixed asset processes.
- Understanding of financial statements and IFRS and/or GAAP accounting principles.
- Professional demeanor with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbally and in writing) across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and self-motivation, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate or advanced level user in Microsoft Excel and proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.